IRS help and support is meant to provide assistance for the tax payers. They care about protecting the identity of the tax payers. Before placing a call ensure to hold all the related documents and be prepared with your queries. This helps to sort out the issues in a single call.
When you are making a call, ensure you have the following information:
- Social Security cards and birth date.
- Individual Tax payer Identification Number
- Tax Filing Status – Single, Head of the family, Married and filing joint or married and filing separate.
Prior year tax return information.
- Copy of the tax return for which the call is placed.
- Any mails or notices sent from the IRS regarding the case.
IRS Help Desk and Support
- Tax support for Individuals : 800 829 1040
- Tax support for Businesses : 800 829 4933
- Tax Forms Orders and Publications : 800 829 3676
- Reporting Information Return : 866 455 7438
- For Employer Identification Number (EIN) : 800 829 4933
- Support for Form 706 and Form 709 : 866 699 4083
- Support for Form 2290 and Excise Tax : 866 699 4096
- Support for FBAR and title 31: 866 270 0733
- Support for TEGE (Tax Exempt and Government Entities) : 877 829 5500
- Assistance for Deaf (TDD) : 800 829 4059
- U.S and Canada : 800 876 1715
- International: 915 342 5654
- For Overseas Tax payers: 267 941 1000 ( Not Toll Free Number)
- To check the status of refund : 800 829 1954
- Timings: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday
- For any assistance and queries about the tax account, contact at +1 800 829 1040, through Monday – Friday, Timing: 7:00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. local time.
- For transcript queries, click http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript for further information.
- For refund related queries, click http://www.irs.gov/Refunds for further information.
- For other scam related queries, check http://www.irs.gov/uac/Report-Phishing for further information.
- To start an instant chat with the IRS, just click the following link IRS Live Chat.
- If you do not find any information related to your search you can send your personalized mail at IRS Mail support.
While you contact the IRS.gov Help Desk, do not share your name, SSN, Taxpayer Identification Number, or contact address.