Federal tax form 2290 referred as a Form 2290, is used to file Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax returns online. More information related to federal road tax use Form 2290 is provided below.
- Federal Excise Tax 2290 starts from July 1st to June 30th for the tax period. The due date of the Federal Excise Tax is August 31stfor taxable Heavy highway vehicles.
- Federal Tax Form 2290 is inevitable for heavy vehicles with gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more.
- When filing for 25 or more vehicles, then the Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax must be filed electronically using the Form 2290.
- When the Federal Heavy Highway Vehicle is used within 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles for agricultural vehicles) in that case the vehicle is eligible for a claim. The 2290 claim can also be done for the following year if you anticipate the vehicle to use fewer miles.
- HVUT tax must be paid for the heavy vehicles by the end of the following month on an acquisition of a Federal Vehicle to be used on the highways.
- Federal Truck Tax must be made under the name of the owner or the registrant of the Heavy Highway Vehicle to follow the registration procedures.
- You cannot use the third party copies of Federal Highway Use Taxes any longer. The taxes can be transferred to a new vehicle when the vehicle is either sold or destroyed.
- When the Heavy Highway Vehicle is sold or destroyed before June 1st, then the taxpayer can claim a credit for the paid tax for the lost Vehicle on next form 2290 or can claim a refund of the tax through Form 8849.
More Information about Federal Tax Form 2290
Truck owners must file the Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax annually and must hold the receipt sent by the IRS as a sign of truck tax payment. During the renewal of a truck license, the truck owner needs to present this receipt. In order to file Form 2290 there are some basic 2290 requirements that include the following:
- Tax Identification Number or Employer Identification Number (TIN or EIN).
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for the filing Form 2290 for your heavy vehicles.
- The Taxable gross weight of each Vehicle to figure the weight category if the vehicle.
Federal Tax Form 2290 Filing at Etax2290
Though the Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax 2290 is not a difficult form to finish, the first time tax filers find some oddity. To resolve those complexities the Etax2290 has an efficient e-filing tax system, which lets the tax filers to e-file IRS 2290 Form with more ease and quickness.